01 09 10

search you little tarte

Monday, March 26, 2012

Was It Worth It?

Here's my question. Is there any pancake worth waiting an hour and ten minutes for? The answer is yes. Believe it or not, there actually is a pancake so delicious that it would be worth waiting two hours. Or three.

Over the weekend, we started our college road trip in New York. On Sunday morning we had breakfast at the Clinton Street Bakery and Cafe. I had wanted to try it ever since I bought the cookbook last year. The recipes are easy to follow and the results have been outstanding. But my question was: Is the "real thing" as good as advertised. Do the pancakes look and taste as good in person.

Yes, yes, yes. I'm not kidding you when I say that these were the best pancakes I have ever tasted. They were light and delicious and had this wonderfully buttery, vanilla-y richness that you rarely find in a pancake.

And in case you were wondering, it wasn't just the pancakes that were divine. Everything was so yummy that I felt the need to "taste around" the table. The biscuits were light as air, and the eggs were rich and creamy. Need I say more... Because I can.

But instead, I am going to urge you to give the Clinton Street Bakery and Cafe a try when you are next in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment