01 09 10

search you little tarte

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm Taking My Act On the Road

It's spring break and for high school juniors everywhere this means it's time for the college road trip.  So, we're packing up the SUV and hitting the road bound for some of American's finest institutions of higher education.

Yes, Ted, Kate, and I are going to spend a week in the car.  Together.  Visiting colleges.  This could go one of two ways.  It could be great.  Or it could be... not great.  It all depends.  We are, after all, traveling with a 17 year old girl, which is dicey at best.

The odyssey will begin with a stop in Allentown, PA for a tennis tournament.  This is a big one, so I hope that (1) Kate gets a good draw, and (2) that there's a Starbuck's near the venue.  Starbuck's is key to my ability to soldier my way through these tennis tournaments.

Then it's on to New York and Connecticut and six colleges in six days.  Can we do it?  Will Kate find her dream college?  Will we emerge still talking to one another?  All questions I know you are aching to have answered.

And for the first time ever, I am going to attempt to go mobile with the blog.  Don't get too excited because I have no idea how this will go.  I'll update about the trip, where we eat (Ted is already doing research), and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Check back if you're not an email subscriber, to see how the trip is going.  Which reminds me... why are you all not email subscribers?   Just click on the subscribe button and you can have You Little Tarte waiting for you in your email every day.

Catch you on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. So Allentown is where my mother's family came from and where (I think) I lived for the first few months of my life!
    Good luck to all three of you and especially to Kate. hmr

    ReplyDelete