01 09 10

search you little tarte

Monday, December 20, 2010

Left Over and Out

Saturday night Ted and I went to the Capital Grille for dinner.  There's nothing I like better than a good steak and in my vast steak eating career, I have decided that the Capital Grille is among the best.  I have to admit, I like the sides at Morton's better,  but I think the steaks at the Capital Grille are superior so, despite having both restaurants to choose from, we usually go with the Capital Grille.

So, Saturday night was a lovely evening out but Sunday night found me left out.  Charlie was in Connecticut visiting some college friends.  Kate was out to dinner and a movie with some of her friends.  And Ted was at the Steeler's game, freezing his ass off.  (Not only was it cold, they lost.)  I was responsible for dropping Kate off and then I was at home -- alone.  Now, I don't usually complain about an evening to myself but everyone was having such a good time, and I was at home doing the laundry.  It's true.  I didn't have to do the laundry, but what the hell.  It's not like it was going to do itself and I was home after all.

But what to have for dinner?  There was that nice steak left over from Saturday night.  A steak sandwich was just the ticket.  I started by slicing the steak really thin.  I toasted up a ciabatta roll.  Onto the roll, I added a really hearty layer of coarse dijon mustard.  I piled on some peppery arugula and some shaved parmesan cheese.   It was absolutely delicious.

So, I may have been left out and I may have had left overs but I guarantee you this.  No one at Heinz Field ate as well as I did on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment