01 09 10

search you little tarte

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three Little Ingredients

I have to admit, Paula Deen is one of my guilty pleasures.  I mean, how can you not love her?  There aren't a lot of people around who cook with that much butter and then make no apologies.   Paula owns it.  In fact, I think Paula is the only woman in America who can actually remove the nutritional value from a food.  It's a gift.  She's just fine with a couple of extra pounds if it means that she can slather up a biscuit with butter and honey.  We could all take a lesson.

My friend Karen from California just sent me an email with this recipe for  Paula Deen's sour cream muffins.  I have totally missed the boat on these.  How did I never hear about this recipe?  I watch Paula on the Food Network, and I always take special note of things like muffins.  Maybe she never demonstrated these because I am sure I would have noticed.  But I digress, these muffins are really something.  Apparently, at Karen's synagogue holiday boutique last week, they baked up a batch just before lunch and no one could resist them.  I can see why.  Three little ingredients and a whole lot of happy.

Obviously, these muffins are not for the calorie conscious.  Butter. Sour Cream.  Need I say more?  At least they're not fried.  But come on.  Live a little. As I said, we could all take a lesson from Paula.

Paula Deen's Sour Cream Muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups self-rising flour
2 sticks butter, melted
1/2 pint sour cream

Preheat the oven to 350.  Combine all ingredients and spoon into small, un-greased muffin tins.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.  Cool on a rack.

2 comments:

  1. They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Right out of the oven, they are really good. Now we'll see how they survive the trip to your brother in law's. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete