01 09 10

search you little tarte

Friday, June 3, 2016

Stop, Sniff, Sip

Do you know that saying "stop and smell the roses"?  Well today, in a totally uncharacteristic move, I did just that.  Scary, I know.

I was taking my morning walk and there I was, face to face with this huge lilac bush.  Honestly, I could smell the lilacs halfway down the street, and I stopped.  And I smelled the lilac bush.  Okay, so it wasn't a rose bush, but I actually stopped and smelled the lilacs.  Who is this person I've become?

Those of you who know me know that I'm not really a stop and smell the flowers kind of gal.  I always have a plan and most of the time I'm either on my way somewhere on returning from somewhere.  I have places to go and people to see.

In an even more amazing twist, I stopped for a coffee and I actually got it in  a real cup not to-go and I sat down and sipped leisurely. Who am I?  A flower sniffing, coffee sipping version of my former self?

The funny part of all this is that I think this suits me.  The weather is lovely up here in Maine and honestly, there's no reason not to take full advantage.  So I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment