01 09 10

search you little tarte

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm Baaack

I don't know how it happened.  I've been writing the blog five days a week for almost two years.  It's as much a part of my daily routine as tripping over Kate's tennis bag, which has a permanent parking place in the foyer, is.  Every morning, after I clean up the house and stick a load or two of laundry in the machine, I sit down at the You Little Tarte Nerve Center (my desk) and put down whatever is on my mind.

And it's always the same.  I usually start on the blog right around 9:00 a.m. with  Pebbles, my much loved English Bulldog, snoozing behind me (see video below).  Make sure the sound on your computer is turned up.  You won't want to miss the audio.


What happened yesterday?  I cleaned up the house.  I did the laundry.  Pebbles napped.

I have no idea.

I just forgot to do the blog.

How is that possible?  I never forget anything.  Just ask Ted.  I'm like an elephant who never forgets.  (This is not to say that I am the size of an elephant, although if I don't lay off the ice cream I may have more in common with an elephant than I would like to admit.)

But, not to worry, I'm back.  And I'm back with a really nice summer recipe for Roasted Salmon with Green Herbs.

I've been looking at this recipe for years but never got around to making it.  I have no idea why.  It's light.  It's easy.  It's salmon, the chicken of the sea.  (We have discussed how salmon, like chicken, is a multi-purpose food.)  In any case, I finally got off my duff and made it and it was quite yummy.

So, I may have forgotten all of you yesterday, but I think I've more than made up for it with this recipe.

Don't forget to give it a try.


Roasted Salmon with Green Herbs
2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:25 minCook Time:12 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 servings
Ingredients
1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) skinless salmon fillet
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup good olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (4 scallions)
1/2 cup minced fresh dill
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup dry white wine
Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Place the salmon fillet in a glass, ceramic, or stainless-steel roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir together the scallions, dill, and parsley. Scatter the herb mixture over the salmon fillet, turning it so that both sides are generously coated with the green herbs. Pour the wine around the fish fillet.

Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part. The center will be firm with just a line of uncooked salmon in the very center. (I peek by inserting the tip of a small knife.) Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the salmon crosswise into serving pieces and serve hot with lemon wedges.



4 comments:

  1. This video of pebbles just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the video? I'm dying to see pebbles..lol. I'm just an fan who happened by your site. Thanks. I hope to see it. Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video is there. It just takes a minute to load. Take a look. My Pebbles, while somewhat inactive, is very adorable.

      Delete
  3. Love the video of pebbles! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete