01 09 10

search you little tarte

Thursday, May 17, 2012

You Had Me At Hello

The other day I was having lunch with my friend Suzanne.  Suzanne loves to cook and she's good at it so our conversations always come around to what we've been cooking.  The culinary conversation always follows updates on the trials and tribulations of raising teenage daughters, a discussion that is much longer than any one lunch date.

Anyhow, after we established that it would be nice for our girls to be willing to wear a party dress more than once, talk turned to food.  Suzanne asked me if I had made, wait for it, Slutty Brownies.  Slutty Brownies?  I had never heard of Slutty Brownies.  How could I have missed out on Slutty Brownies?  I pride myself on being au courant on the subject of food, especially things like brownies, and these slipped by.  I needed to know more.

Suzanne started describing how they were prepared and I had to immediately Google them (as we were talking, I'm ashamed to admit) to make sure I could locate a recipe once I got home.  Not to worry.  There had to be at least 20 different versions -- some from scratch (no way) but most were made using mixes.

Now I am not usually a lover of cake mix, but something called Slutty Brownies demands the use of a mix.  Don't you agree?  So on my way home from lunch, I made a stop off at the grocery store to pick up my supplies which consisted of a box each of brownie mix, sugar cookie mix, and a bag of Double Stuffed Oreos.

And then the magic happened.  After mixing up my brownie and cookie batters (in separate bowls), I made a layer of cookie dough, topped it with a layer of whole Oreos and then covered the whole thing with brownie batter.

Into the oven for 30 minutes and out came... Slutty Brownies.

I'm not sure where the name of these brownies came from but we can all use our imaginations.  It doesn't matter.  One thing is for sure.  They were appealing right from the start.

Hello.

Recipe:  Slutty Brownies


* Note:  I made 2 8x8 pans but you could make these in a 9x13.  Just adjust the baking time according to package directions.


Ingredients:


1 box brownie mix
1 box sugar cookie mix
1 bag Double Stuffed Oreos

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350F.


Spray 2 8x8 pans with cooking spray (see note above).   Make the cookie batter according to package directions.  In another bowl, make the brownie batter, also following package directions.

Layer half the cookie dough in each pan, creating an even layer that completely covers the bottom of the pan.  Top the cookie layer with the whole Oreos (do not separate them).  Top the whole assembly with the brownie batter, spreading to cover completely.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until done.

Let cool completely and then cut into squares.








No comments:

Post a Comment