01 09 10

search you little tarte

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little Night Music

I am not cooking tonight.  I spent a good part of the day trying to get my arms around the whole holiday gift thing and tonight I am going to Kate's holiday concert.  Ted and I are going to have a little àpres concert dinner following the performance.

I am just not on top of the holidays this year.  Thankfully, Hanukah comes late because there would be no gifts if it started early in December, as is has in recent years.  The Jewish calendar clearly does not take into account my lack of motivation and level of disorganization with regard to the holidays every year.  It would be nice if it did.  And despite Christmas coming at the same time every year, it always takes me by surprise.  Go figure.

Every year I start out with the best intentions of (1) finding the perfect gift for everyone on the list, (2) getting it done early, and (3) working within some kind of budget.  Every year the holiday shopping ends up with me (1) settling for anything that could even remotely be something the recipient might like, (2) a frenzied dash through the mall a day or two before the start of either Christmas or Hanukah, and (3) a budgetary free for all.

I have great hopes for this year but it's probably still too soon to tell how the holiday shopping season will shake down.  For now, I think I'll sit back and enjoy the concert.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the concert and dinner with Ted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the concert. I was on top of Christmas preparations, started shopping in November but now I keep thinking of something I still have yet to do and I'm trying not to get overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The content of the post is very well, from here I know much about sports knowledge. It can provide a lot of the latest sports news. I love this post. By the way I know some about websites which content is also very well..

    Thoughts black

    ReplyDelete