01 09 10

search you little tarte

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Little Something Sweet

Yesterday I got a new refrigerator.  I also got a new dishwasher.  Both in stainless.  It's all very exciting.  But in cleaning out the old refrigerator I discovered that I had not one but two big boxes of blueberries.  I guess I forgot I already had some and got more.  I love blueberries so it's not a problem.  Nonetheless, we had a lot of blueberries.

Well, it's muffin time.  I love blueberry muffins, and they're so easy to make.  Honestly, I think it took me about two minutes to whip these up.  And they're really pretty.  They rise very high in the pan and have a nice domed top.   They look so delicious.  Kate is eyeing them but I'm making her wait to have one until they cool off a little bit.  After that, who knows.  I think this batch will disappear really quickly.  Almost as quickly as I mixed them up.

Recipe:  Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 cups blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease a muffin tin or use paper liners.

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar.  In another bowl, combine the butter, egg, and milk.  Mix well and then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Stir until just combined but do not over mix.  It's fine if the batter is a little lumpy.

Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling about 3/4 full.  Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until the muffins are firm to the touch.  Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment